Remote video monitoring can help clients control costs and increase reliability. Remote video monitoring may be used as an additional layer of security or to supplement/replace current on-site security officers.
5 most common uses for remote video monitoring:
- Real time/constant monitoring: Like having a full-time security officer on site, a dispatcher is constantly watching on-site activity to identify predetermined activities. However, through video monitoring, the dispatcher can monitor multiple locations and keep video recordings.
- Alerts/alarms/sensors: If any alerts, alarms or sensors are tripped, the video camera will be activated and immediately appear for the dispatcher. This allows the dispatcher to determine if the alarm was “real” or “false” and immediately notify local authorities if needed.
- Loss prevention: A loss prevention agent monitors the store/facility for suspicious activities using video monitoring and notifies other on-site loss prevention officers to take appropriate action. Through remote video monitoring, clients can substantially reduce costs by having one dispatcher monitor multiple locations.
- Virtual guard tours: Mobile patrols randomly stop by sites several times to verify: gates are closed, doors are locked, site is secure. These patrol types may also use remote video surveillance. Virtual tours may also be conducted at random/predetermined times, using a series of cameras, to check designated areas. Virtual tours may also be used to escort employees out, after closing, and to monitor predetermined activities.
a. Audio may be used to:
-Listen for unusual sounds
-“Talk” to persons on-site
- Virtual security shopper: Many businesses use secret shoppers to verify customer service levels and detect employee theft. The drawback is that many employees can spot a secret shopper. Virtual secret shopper programs use video surveillance systems to discreetly evaluate employee customer service and ensure they do not engage in any form of theft.
GSG Protective Services’ remote video monitoring systems enable trained dispatchers to guard your organization and easily detect and eliminate security problems, while reducing security costs.