Recently, GSG held firearm certifications for all armed security officers in the LA and Inland Empire Regions. GSG Learning Institute instructors lead the way for the certifications.
GSGLI’s expert instructors worked with GSG armed officers to hone their skills and be
better shooters. The officers worked on speed, accuracy and safeguarding their firearm.
A well-prepared security officer understands and appreciates the smallest of details,
required to effectively engage threats.
Officers were required to shoot 100 rounds; fifty for training, and the other fifty rounds to qualify.
These firearm trainings and qualifications happen quarterly to ensure all GSG armed officers are fully trained and equipped to accomplish GSG’s mission. Some important rules for any firearm owner/trainee:
The 4 Rules of Firearm Safety
6 Golden Rules and
1. Always treat firearms as if they are loaded at all times.
2. Never point a firearm at something you’re not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
1. When my life;
2. Or another’s life;
3. Is in immediate danger;
4. When all other options will or may fail;
5. It is a last resort;
6. No innocent life is in danger by my actions.